A call for nominations for Board members and Board committee members was sent out on the 27th of March 2021 with the aim to encourage IBASA members in good standing to submit credible and visionary nominees to become IBASA Board members.
The call for nominations closed on the 23rd of April 2021 and only a few nominations were received. More than half of the nominations received were disqualified due to not fulfilling the application requirements as set out. An Urgent Special Board meeting was called on the 6th of May 2021 to seek a way forward and the following was resolved in respect of the nomination process:
- Only IBASA members in good standing qualify to be nominated for a Board position
- Independent candidates (i.e., Non- members) will not be considered for this round of nominations
- IBASA members in good standing may self- nominate themselves for a Board position
- All nominees must accept their nomination by signing the nomination form and submitting same.
- No late nominations will be accepted.
All members interested in submitting nominations must do so by or before the 20th of May 2021. The Board member nomination criteria are as follows:
Due to the annual board transition schedule, there currently exists 10 (ten) vacancies on the Board for eligible members. Please see the attached list of Board vacancies available.
The required competency are as follows:
- Independent and sensible decision-maker
- Ethical and sound practical sense
- Full Commitment towards furthering the interest of IBASA
- An understanding of the fiduciary duties to be fulfilled
- Strategic thinking
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Interpersonal skills
- Awareness of enterprise and economic development and the SMME support landscape
- Awareness of governance for membership organizations
- Awareness of basic audit/finance and legal knowledge
- Organizational knowledge
- 1 Legal expert representative (with legal knowledge& experience)
The shortlisted candidates shall be published on the IBASA website by or before Thursday, the 27 May 2021 for members to vote at the AGM that will take place on the 31st of May 2021 (details to follow).
Documents to submit with your nomination application:
- Signed nomination form
- Abridged CV/ Profile (to be published on the IBASA website)
- Detailed Character reference
- Certified copies of qualifications
The nomination requirements shall be strictly applied, thereafter the Board will shortlist the candidates as set out in paragraph 7.4.4 of the MOI and then members shall vote based on the shortlist presented.
We are committed to applying a fair and transparent process that will strengthen and grow IBASA to become the leading business advisory professional body in Southern Africa.
Disclaimer: All nominees hereby give IBASA consent to process their personal information subject to the provisions of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 which may include the publishing of their profiles and an abridged CV on the IBASA website for members to consider their suitability to become an IBASA Board member.